About this Event
5K & 10K Race at City Plaza in Downtown Raleigh benefiting the WakeMed Children's Hospital.The Physicians and staff at WakeMed Health & Hospitals invite you to participate in the WakeMed Scrub Run, a 5K/10K event. Proceeds will benefit WakeMed Children's through the WakeMed Foundation.
Featuring competitive 5K and 10K races that accommodate both runners and walkers, along with a 100-Yard Kids' Dash, this event is designed to get our entire community involved. This year there are also wheelchair and handcrank divisions offered for the 5K only.
5K/10K – Start at 8:30 am
100-Yard Kids Dash – Starts at 8:15 am
Runners receive a WakeMed scrub shirt!
WakeMed Fun Fest:
In conjunction with the race, WakeMed will host a Fun Fest from 8:15 am to 11 am. Racers, their families and friends, and all members of the community will enjoy a variety of activities including:
- Live music
- Games & activities for the whole family
- Face Painting
- Arts & crafts
- Mascots including Twinkle, WakeMed Childrens' mascot.
Online Registration Prices:
Please Note: $2.95 Online Processing Fee for Each Entry
- 5K - $20 ($25 After June 5)
- 10K - $25 ($30 After June 5)
- 100 Yard Kid Dash - $5 (no late fee)
Two ADVANCED CHECK-IN sessions are available for your convenience. At advanced check-in you will receive your race bib and scrub shirt. If you attend either advanced check-in you will not need to check in on race morning.
- Thursday 6/18 from 11 am - 1 pm: Andrews Conference Center at the WakeMed Raleigh Campus, 3024 New Bern Ave.
- Friday 6/19 from 4-6 pm: Raleigh Convention Center, 500 S. Salisbury St.
- You may also check-in and pick up your bib and shirt on race morning at City Plaza.